Professional Teeth Cleaning
- 1 hr
A dental prophylaxis is a cleaning treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Prophylaxis is an important dental treatment for stopping the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Professional teeth cleaning is an effective procedure in keeping the oral cavity in proper health and halting the progression of gum disease. The benefits include:
- Plaque removal: Tartar (also referred to as calculus) and plaque buildup, both above the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with a proper home brushing and flossing routine, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dental professional using specialized dental equipment is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- A healthier looking smile: Stained and yellowed teeth can dramatically decrease the esthetics of a smile. Prophylaxis is an effective treatment in ridding the teeth of these unsightly stains.
- Fresher breath: Bad breath (or halitosis) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of rotting food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential gangrene stemming from gum infection, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque, calculus and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce infection.
Dental prophylaxis can be performed at our office or by your general dentist. It may be beneficial to have your regular cleanings done by Our Dental Professional, who is more familiar with the full scope of your periodontal disease. We recommend that prophylaxis be performed twice annually as a preventative measure, but should be completed every 3-4 months for periodontitis sufferers. It should be noted that gum disease cannot be completely reversed, but prophylaxis is one of the tools Our Dental Professional can use to effectively halt its progression.
Includes: Home Care instructions, Fluoride, Care bags
CONSULTATION REQUIRED FEE GOES TOWARDS PRICE OF SERVICE 15MINS $50
Select consultation below in drop down menu
- Must be in person prior to booking any dental appointment.
- A NO CALL NO SHOW WILL BE CHARGED HALF OF TOTAL SERVICE COST